Banana Hair Mask
Who does not want beautiful hair, we all do right? Our hair is the crown that we wear all the time and it does need good care.
But in our busy day to day life we tend to be a little careless towards our hair care. Since it is actually difficult and time consuming to follow a lengthy hair care regime, quick and easy hair care regime recipes are a life saviour .
So here is a very easy peasy hair care quickie for you.
- 2 to 3 bananas depending upon the length of your hair.
- One banana for shoulder length hair. Two for hair till your bra point. Three for Hip length hair.
* Pro Tip : You may use ripe/over ripe bananas. I know many of us are guilty of always throwing away the last bananas of the bunch because they turn too black. Yes, the last bananas become too gooey and mostly end up down the drain. Well guilt no more . We are talking about just those bananas for this hair mask.
2) Oil : 1 tablespoon
You may use coconut oil, olive oil, mustard oil, bhringraj or any other oil depending upon your hair problems.
Read more on Which hair oil to use for what hair problem. Click here.
*Pro tip: Optionally you may add a few drops of any essential oil like tea tree oil, lavender oil etc.
Not only do they have amazing benefits,
( Read : What are essential oils
some of them also have a beautiful fragrance.
This pack does become a little stinky but if you do add a few drops of essential oil it is not just going to be good for your hair but also leave your hair smelling fantastic.
3) Honey : 1 tablespoon
Honey is one of the best hair care essentials that you can pamper your hair with. It is known to strengthen hair follicles. It moisturises and soothes the frizz to give you beautiful , glossy and shiny hair.
4) Yogurt : 2 tablespoons.
Yogurt is a great source of proteins for your haircare and provides your hair with excellent nourishment. The lactic acid present in the yogurt are good for scalp cleansing and removal of dead skin cells.
Directions to make the hair mask:
- Peel the bananas and blend them in a blender. (We have to use a blender or a mixer grinder because we need a smooth paste. Simply mashing the bananas with a fork/ spoon will not work because it might leave behind chunks that will get stuck onto your hair and washing them off will be a big problem.)
- Add oil into the paste.
- Add a few drops of essential oil.
- Add yogurt and honey.
- Blend well.
- Apply onto the scalp with a help of a hair brush or your fingers.
- Use your hands to evenly apply the paste onto the entire length of your hair.
- Keep on for 20 to 30 minutes.
Pro Tip : Wear any rough top/bathrobe or anything so that you do not spoil your clothes. Things can get a little messy with this one. But the after result is soo good that all of it is going to be so worthwhile and will make sense in the end. You are sure to notice a huge huge difference with a regular use.
So bye bye frizz and split ends ! I will never see you not until I have Bananas with me :*